Friday, September 20, 2013

The Unemployment Office


Most clergy have never been in an unemployment office, because even if we are not working, most clergy do not qualify for unemployment insurance benefits. However, in many states, unemployment offices offer services that can be quite useful for clergy job seekers. In Connecticut, where I live, the regional unemployment offices offer free access to a library of self-help books for job seekers, and free seminars designed to help job seekers that are open to the public. Online tools are also available. While not all of these services are helpful to clergy, some of them are. For example, I feel I gained some valuable tips from a free seminar I attended that offered tips for acing a job interview.
I blog, therefore I am. If you liked this post and want some food for thought about church ministry, check out http://creativityinchurch.blogspot.com/. If you or anyone you know is looking to hire a new Pastor, check out my professional profile blog at http://dclapsaddle.blogspot.com/.
Like The Wilderness Time on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment